CASE STUDY | M & E DESIGN AND BUILD
St Ann's School, Ealing
Design and construction of the new Telstar building for this specialist education institution.
The scope of works included the design and construction of the new Telstar building to accommodate approximately 11-14 pupils including teaching areas, daily living rooms, creative/wet areas, calm, audio visual rooms in association with plant and cleaning facilities, storage, pupil WC`s bath and shower and drying facilities, disabled WC and WC facilities for school staff, associated mechanical and electrical installations, external works and incoming utility services, rainwater and drainage provision.
- Design & Build
- Mechanical Services
- Electrical Services
- Fabric Services
- Fittings, Furnishings & Equipment
- Exterior Surroundings
- Building Control & Applicable Application
- 1 Year Maintenance Inclusion
- Due to the nature of the school being a specialist institute, we needed to ensure that work had been carried outduring holidays where possible.
- Health and Safety is paramount for RCL in all projects. Ensuring high levels of H&S measures were in place tokeep all staff, RCL employees and students safe.
- Width restriction of the road and parking permits, this meant we had to speak with the local Council to ensureproper road closures and suspensions were in place although still allowing access to the School Buses that weremaintaining the route during these times.
- Drainage works required NRSWA approved subcontractor which RCL had to appoint and discuss requirementswith the Council. Thames Water were also appointed for the water and all applicable applications were issued toThames and Ealing Council.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, RCL ensured that the critical works could continue whilst ensuringGovernment Guidelines were always adhered to.
RELATED CASE STUDIES
DISCOVER HOW RCL CAN OPTIMISE YOUR BUILT ASSETS
Outstanding property and infrastructure support services delivered with a commitment to service, innovation, people and action